Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hi everyone! This is my first time writing on this so let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Megan, and I'm a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences. Technically, I'm just a math major, but I plan on double-majoring with economics as well. Usually when I tell people that, they act like I'm crazy... but so far, it's not too bad.

Anyway, it's a Sunday night here at BC, which means I'm taking a break from most of the work I've put off for the weekend. I always think the weekends will be so relaxing and give me time to catch up, but it's always the complete opposite. There are always sooo many different things going on that make me procrastinate even more. Yesterday I woke up early to try to be productive. I went to the gym for a quick workout, but it turned out that the varsity tennis team had a match right on the courts in the Plex. I had finished my run on the treadmill, but I ended up staying for awhile to watch the boys play against Colgate. It was amazing to see that on a Saturday at 10am, there were still plenty of BC students and parents out to support their friends/children.

Later on in the afternoon, some of my friends and I went into Boston for dinner and shopping. Having the T stop right on campus is so convenient... and even if the B line is a little too slow sometimes, you can take the Comm Ave bus to the D line and it's just as simple. That's been one of my favorite parts of BC- having the city right at your fingertips, but not actually living in it. Anyway, we shopped on Newbury Street and ate, then headed back to campus.

I wish I had time to write more but I have to get back to my work. Hopefully I can get to bed at a decent time... I'm exhausted. I'm training to run the Boston Marathon with a group of about 100 other students through the Campus School. Every Sunday morning we do our long group runs, so today was a 13-miler through the streets of Newton and Chestnut Hill. Needless to say, I'm quite tired! Hopefully this will all pay off on April 20th- Marathon Monday!

Have a good week everyone,
Megan

No comments: