Sunday, November 29, 2009

post-turkey update

Hello!

So this might actually be my first post (honestly I don't remember). Allow me to (re)introduce myself, my name is Caroline Wilkinson and I am a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences and the class of 2010's only geophysics major (also a math minor). I am from beautiful, sunny southern California but I have finally started to get used to the whole "New England weather" thing. I also am obsessed with BC sports...I will elaborate on this later.

So I actually opted to not go home for Thanksgiving this year. I went home both freshman and sophomore years, went to London to visit roommates and friends who were studying abroad last year (so much fun), and went home with my roommate, Beth, this year! She is from just about 45 minutes from BC so it was nice to stay close by but still be able to celebrate Thanksgiving (and fill myself with delicious, home-made food). Her family was totally great and welcoming, I never stopped eating! After dinner on Thursday I came back to campus to work on my thesis. I am a student in the Honors Program and as a senior project opted to write a thesis in the Department of Geology and Geophysics under Professor John Ebel. So far it has been going fairly well, but I knew that I had to use this break to get some work done. I worked all day Friday and woke up Saturday ready to keep it up. Luckily, my good friend Christina had other plans. Christina is from Rhode Island and offered to come pick me up from BC and take me back down to RI! Obviously I couldn't pass it up, so I made the trip and found out that the BC Men's Basketball team was playing Providence College in the Dunkin Donuts Center! We were pumped, and one of Christina's best friends from home goes to PC, so we bought tickets and cruised on over. It was a great game, and we ended up winning in the last minute! I was very impressed by the Superfan representation at the game as well. We had a few pockets of proud maroon and gold out there!

Now it is back to BC and the last two weeks of class! I am working on my thesis as I write this, actually. Probably should get back to it and give it 100% of my attention. Well, wish me luck. This thesis is shaping up to be quite the journey!

Peace.

Caroline Wilkinson
A&S 2010
wilkinca@bc.edu

No comments: