Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring at BC

The most amazing thing happened last weekend - it got warm. You have no idea how weird it feels to be walking around outside in a T-shirt after wearing layer upon layer all winter. I'm from Atlanta, and on Friday and Saturday I felt like I was back home every time I stepped out the door.

The really incredible thing, however, wasn't just the weather, it was what the weather did to people. I kid you not, a spontaneous party broke out across campus. Literally more people than I have ever seen on Upper Campus at one time were outside blasting music, throwing footballs and talking with friends. So naturally I threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and ran outside; I loved every minute of it.

You know how on the cover of every college brochure you get in the mail there's a picture of some kid doing homework on the nicest lawn you've ever seen as he basks in sunlight? Yeah turns out those things aren't staged, at least at BC. You will actually see people doing that, and a lot of people at that. The weather is just too good to pass up.

During the winter people never want to go outside, and why should they? So after all that time cooped up in your dorm room, you can't wait to get out. So when that first weekend up spring time weather comes around, tell your work it can wait and put it off until tomorrow, I promise you won't regret it.

-Jake

No comments: