Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Airport Sightings (and other transportation issues)

Okay so as I was frantically trying to navigate my way thorough the hordes of marathon runners, family vacationers, and general slow walkers at Boston's Logan Airport this morning, I could not help but notice the insane amount of people I knew who I just happened to run into there! I mean, I don't know that many people at BC (or in the greater Boston area) but every time I go to the airport I seem to see ALL OF THEM! It's always kind of awkward to see someone who you only speak to in class in an outside setting, and when you combine that with check-in and security, it's generally just a weird experience. I guess it's somewhat expected to see people from BC or your high-school when going home for breaks because most Boston schools tend to be on the same schedule but today was just ridiculous. My advice: avoid sweats and crocs no matter how early your flight is because chances are, you WILL see someone you know.

That being said, transportation in Boston is relatively easy and cheap and is generally geared towards college students. The T is just $2 to any destination and although it may take eons to get to wherever you need to go, it definitely beats taking cabs everywhere. And while I have never personally tried the BC grocery shuttle, I hear from reliable sources that it's really convenient. Moral of the story, while it may take a while, you can get anywhere you need to go in Boston relatively easily and cheaply.

Kay Thx Bye,
Kristin M.

No comments: