Tuesday, April 14, 2009

From MY freshman year to YOUR freshman year

Hey all,

Here it is in early April, and depending on where you are at school right now, you may have anywhere from three to ten weeks left of high school. Everyone here at BC, however, has a mere three weeks before finals begin, a week of finals, then off we go into the early summer, eagerly awaiting the day we get to return to the Heights.

For me especially, coming back is going to be great. We "won" the housing lottery, as is an appropriate expression, and 7 of my friends and I managed to get an 8-person suite in Walsh, on Lower Campus (a long shot more convenient than Newton, but I will miss the more comfortable atmosphere). Many people were not as lucky: though one of my roommates right now had a group of 8 that also got it, my other two present roommates (in the same group) didn't get 8-man rooms, and today also missed out on the 4 person apartments. They have one more chance, then may end up on Upper Campus, in the sophomore section on College Road (fondly dubbed "Co-Ro"). Wish them luck with Lower!

It also seems to be time for me to put in a shameless plug for the marching band; we get to come back early for band camp in August (which, for perspective, takes more energy than my football doubles in high school). If you can play an instrument, it's a great way to meet people, practice playing, and keep busy early in freshmen year. You are also welcome to look into it if you decide to go to any college in the Boston area!

AND, just in case you didn't realize it, the deadline for deciding on a college is swiftly approaching. I know how much a struggle that can be, and being (relatively) fresh out of the process, feel free to shoot me an email with any question/comments/concerns, or about really anything. Best wishes and Happy (late) Easter!

Adieu for now!

No comments: