Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random pranks and crazy friends

So yesterday was April Fool's Day, and boy did the pranks go down like crazy. I'm part of a discrete group of improvisers called Jumbo Shrimprov. We all got together and dressed up like we were going to work out (in the 80's) and had a ridiculous marathon across the Dustbowl that lasted about 10 minutes. Our instructions were to race at a .5 pace, as though we were moving through jello, very thick jello. We generated quite a large crowd, and the entire thing was not only one of the funniest things I've ever done at BC, but also made me feel like I was part of something amazing. People had no idea what was going on-which was the beauty of it.

Then later we did "ghosting" in O'Neill Plaza. Basically, we would follow people so closely it was like we were breathing down their neck, and after one person "latched" on, about 15 others would come out and follow together. Once the person (if they did) realized they were being followed, we would disperse really fast. It took a while for people to catch on but once they did they were all laughs. I love pulling silly pranks and such, and the crowd enjoyed it so much.

When I got back to my room at night, my friends and I realized that one of my friends switched all of our stuffed animals and put them in different rooms. Being here at BC is so much hard work and can be so stressful, but on the days like today, I smile and laugh more than I could have ever imagined, and I realize that I am in an amazing place with so many different, cool people, and it's an adventure every day.

Keeping you posted,
Dana

No comments: