Saturday, February 20, 2010

February Recap

Hey all!

I've had quite a remarkable past couple weeks, for which I want to briefly share some highlights. Moving from the future, backwards:

Tomorrow: I'm going to see The Lion King at the Boston Opera House!

Yesterday: I went to the ALC Ball (AHANA Leadership Council) at Copley Plaza Hotel. They bused hundreds of students into the city for quite the night of semi-formal dance-floor mayhem (and lots of really good food)! A popular event every year, it certainly lived up to its reputation as being "like Prom, but in college!". Well done once again, ALC!

Last week: Much of my last week of class is a bit fuzzy in my memory, as between my three exams and a paper - analyzing the use of Goethe's Gretchen in Faust in the lieder (songs) of Franz Schubert compared to that of Carl Loewe, in case you were wondering what it was about - all due in the first half of the week, I slept less than any human ever ought to (mostly due, of course, to my own procrastination). Still, I am loving all of my classes this semester, and I'm starting to feel like an actual college student. I'm not sure when this began, or how or why it is the case, but I'm just going to roll with it. And I'm falling in love once again - with Bapst Library.

Last weekend: An incredibly eye-opening experience at a Kairos weekend retreat. I won't get into details, because in case you ever end up going yourself, this retreat simply does not work if you already know anything about it.

Monday, Feb. 8th: Pretty exciting night, started with hundreds of Eagles packing onto a single T line train (MBTA) - which effectively prevented some of our opponents, the BU Terriers who live down the street, from getting on our train. Getting off in downtown Boston, we had to walk a bit to the TD Bank Garden for the BC/BU Beanpot Tournament Championship hockey game. While the game was incredibly close towards the end, BC held on for the 4-3 win! "We are!" - "B-C!"

Well, that's enough for now, I'll be back later in the week!

No comments: