Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Math Major

Monday, December 1

  • 8:57AM- My alarm goes off. I hit snooze after exactly one second of "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows.
  • 9:06AM- My alarm goes off again. I hit snooze again.
  • 9:11AM- I finally roll out of bed, wrap myself in my blanket, turn off my alarm, and sit at my computer.
  • 9:23AM- I realize I should probably stop Facebooking and start getting ready for the day. I grab some clothes and hop in the shower.
  • 9:36AM- I'm back at my computer again. Whoops!
  • 9:42AM- I head out of my building, across the parking lot and up through the parking garage elevator. I'm just not feeling the Million Dollar Stairs today.
  • 9:58AM- I arrive in Fulton for my Abstract Algebra class just in time to get back the exam we had before Thanksgiving break, and then settle in for some note-taking.
  • 10:52AM- My roommate and I arrive in Hillside, snatch a table (surprisingly, there are some empty ones today!) and get in line for sandwiches. One of my friends who works there makes me a fantastic chicken club with lots of honey mustard, and I take an extra side to go with my frips (fries+chips=...). Honey mustard is heaven, but I could seriously live off of honey mustard with frips.
  • 11:28AM- Realize I didn’t finish my Probability homework. Take out said homework, realize I actually had finished it after all, and put it away again.
  • 11:47AM- Roomie and I arrive in our Probability classroom to get our ideal seats, and also start taking down the notes the professor has already put on the boards while discussing the He Said/She Said column of The Heights.
  • 12:53PM- Head over to Carney to tutor in the Math Lab for a couple hours, and spend some time grading math homework for Calc 2 when no one needs tutoring.
  • 3:00PM- Run back to Edmond’s to grab my ID and blood donor card so I can go to the blood drive.
  • 3:30PM- Check in at the blood drive in Gasson, work on a paper while I wait, then donate blood, eat some cookies and drink some juice. For some reason, cookies at blood drives are fantastic. Maybe it’s the lack of blood.
  • 5:00PM- Meet up with my aunt for a while, have some nice conversations.
  • 5:50PM- Meet up with a classmate to work on our Psychology project. Spend an hour or so analyzing our data and talking. Her room in 90 is fantastic, I’m very jealous of her bay windows.
  • 7:54PM- Arrive back in my room, and start trying to read for my Psych exam I have on Thursday. One of my friends comes by to show me the BC Men’s Ice Hockey poster, and point out where we are on it. We look at the poster for a good fifteen minutes or so, discussing how cheesy and poorly photo shopped it is, but how much we enjoy it anyways.
  • 8:11PM- She leaves and I start reading again.
  • 8:23PM- Another friend comes in to talk about Christmas present ideas. We finally figure out what she should get, and I finish my last page of reading.
  • 8:49PM- I head next door to Walsh to do some work and hang out with two of my sophomore friends. One of them puts in a load of laundry, and we go back to her room to talk and look over the script proposals for the CCE's next murder mystery comedy show. Very little work is accomplished.
  • 11:18PM- We realize the laundry has been left in the washing machine for at least an hour extra, and run down to put it in the drier. I make her use her Eagle card to buy me some Reeses Cups. Go back upstairs and proceed to spend an hour watching youtube videos, including Disney Sing-along Songs. We keep an eye on her laundry this time using LaundryView on the UGBC website.
  • 12:40AM- When my friend goes down to get her laundry, I decide I should head home and go to bed. Arrive back in my room to find a note from my roommate on my desk saying "I like your face." Leave her a note that says "I like your face more," and go to bed.

No comments: