Friday, October 9, 2009

Introduction

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lauren Malishchak and I'm currently a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences. I am a Biology major, and also trying to decide if I want to either minor or double major in Spanish.

This year, I live in an eight-man (which is a suite consisting of 4 doubles with a common room and 2 bathrooms) in Walsh on Lower Campus, which is an all sophomore dorm. Last year, I lived in a natural triple in Xavier on Upper Campus. I am still living with both of my roommates from last year-- I think it's really important to note that BC does a great job of matching random roommates up together!

So far, this year has been great. I find I have a lot less class time this year, but I am also way busier. I've gotten more involved in a few different activities, which BC has a lot of! Some of the things I'm doing this year are PULSE (which is a class that fulfills both your theology and philosophy requirements in addition to having a social service component), SAP (the student admissions program), and Appalachia Volunteers (I just found out I'm leading a group and am so excited!!). I also work at O'Neill Library, the main library on campus, and have done so since first semester of last year. I would definitely recommend that anyone who comes to BC get involved right away- you meet so many amazing people and end up getting really close to them.

Well, it's the weekend and I'm so happy we have three days off for Columbus Day. This past week was pretty stressful- I even had an Organic Chemistry test today.

Hope you all have great holiday weekends too!
Lauren

No comments: