Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Year, Done Right

Hey everyone,

My name is Joe Mahon, a sophomore in BC A&S. I am currently trying to major in Chemistry and pick up a minor in Music, but to be honest, if I have enough class spaces open, I'm hoping to get it as a second major! As for what I do here, I am part of BC's Marching Band and Symphonic Band, but know a lot about other music programs here at the school as well. I am also a part of Nights on the Heights, a student organization that organizes (sometimes quite nicely-funded, meaning prizes like an iPod Touch) activities every weekend for anyone on campus. I work for ResNet (our name is in the process of changing, though), which is an on-campus technology services organization that provides pretty much any kind of tech support you might want. And, of course, I am part of the Student Admission Program; so if you visit campus and meet me in the office in Devlin, please feel free to let me know you know of me through this blog!

Some of you may have gone back in time in this blog to see some posts from last year, and I definitely encourage everyone to do so, if you have time! I'll try not to repeat much over the course of this year, but I might, so forgive me if I do.

I know this is a pretty harsh time of year for seniors; some of my friends who are seniors now, and friends siblings, have been all panic-stricken about applications. Take a deep breath anytime you think about your application, but do not put it off! (And when it's possible, apply Early Action - it makes all the difference when you know your acceptance situation by January).

Some other random information:
- ESPN's College Gameday will be here in Chestnut Hill this Saturday: try to tune in Saturday morning to see pregame broadcasts and look out for the marching band! And then you can enjoy what should be an amazing game against Florida State!
- Something you should know about me: for whatever reason, I really love parenthesis (and use them often). Just a warning.

TTFN,
Joe

No comments: