Sunday, October 11, 2009

Midterms and Columbus Day Weekend!

Hello again!

Whew-my last two weeks were very stressful and the next few will be as well! I had an Accounting quiz that required a good 15 hours worth of studying and homework beforehand, an Econ midterm, a Theology paper due, and multiple papers, tests, and quizzes to come! One thing I really like about sophomore year, though, is that it is SO much easier to be motivated and stay on task than it was last year.

Anyway, enough about homework. This weekend was Columbus Day Weekend, and since we live on the East Coast we get Monday (tomorrow) off! My sister came up to Boston from Rhode Island to stay with me at my Grandmother's house nearby for the weekend. I would say about 40% of BC students go home over Columbus Day weekend. My friends from Minnesota are jealous because they do not get Monday off!

For my Intro to Sociology class, I have to do a "breaking the social norm" experiment. So, I went to a Target in Rhode Island today before I dropped my sister off. I was dreading doing this, but here it goes: I put my iPod headphones in and wore sweats, a t-shirt, and sneakers, and jogged around the inside of Target! The purpose of the experiment was to violate a social norm and gauge how people react. Some of the reactions I got were priceless!

Libby

No comments: