Thursday, October 22, 2009

Video Games!

Hey! So, this year, I'm living in an 8-man suite in Walsh Hall on Lower Campus, which is the center of everything awesome about upperclassman:
Oh, the joys of those wonderful stairs at 9AM every Monday, Wednesday and Friday...

Anyway, living in a suite with 8 guys, video games get pretty overwhelmingly common. Awesome, but too common - as in, Rock Band has been on more than off in the past month. Now, however, our XBox is on a little vacation cooling down while my roommate nurses it back to health. This means my video game cravings need to be satisfied in other ways. Why not, I think to myself in fancy italic lettering, seeing as I am in a Computer Science course now, make my own video games?

....Oh. Right. I have no idea how to do so - so I keep content with writing little programs I need to make for homework, like the fish tank screen-saver, or an interactive on-screen stock ticker. Now, I know, they don't exactly measure up to Super Smash Brothers, but still, the actual process of creating these little programs is pretty amazing to me - as close as my life will come to taking place in Hogwarts. So, this is what keeps me video-game content for now.

Happy travels!
~Joe
mahonjc@bc.edu

No comments: